December 8, 2014
Greetings from Nashville! Once again, here we are at the end of another year, and what an incredible year it has been. Looking back, we can see how so many things that have happened in our lives and ministry over the years are beginning to come together into God’s perfect plan!
As we shared in our last letter, we held our first “official” service as a church “The Alley” (www.facebook.com/thealleytv) on Easter. Since then we have been growing slowly but surely! It hasn’t been without difficulties, but we are seeing God move greatly here. We have an energized youth group that is dreaming big… many of who are also part of our rockin’ worship team! We have new attendees to our services almost weekly, and we are doing all that we can to turn as many of our first time guests into full time attendees, and soon to be leaders! With the low rent that the church is paying, we have been able to use the tithes that the church receives to put together a full audio/video system that will serve us for years to come!
We feel that January – May of 2015 are CRUCIAL months for the future of “The Alley”. It’s a time where most people will be around, and it’s a long enough time before summer where we can gain some traction with our small groups (something that we’ve struggled to get going so far), and really start to grow in an exponential way as a church! We have several goals for our church during those months including:
- Get at least 5 small groups started and meeting consistently (both in English & Spanish)
- Encounter Retreat (a two-day retreat for new believers to encounter GOD)
- Baptism with at least 30 New Believers!
- Evangelistic events in January and on Easter – Both English & Spanish
- Find a lead singer for our worship team (currently I lead worship and preach… and just about everything else too!)
- Find a permanent place for our Church to hold services. The rent is great where we are currently meeting, but we feel that having a permanent place would help us tremendously.
- This is more long term… but I HAVE to mention that there is a large group of people in our church that wants to do a missions trip to Bolivia towards the end of next year! Help us pray about that one.
We ask that you would pray for us personally during this time. We’ve had one of the toughest financial times of our marriage over the past few months. We are now being blessed with a monthly offering from the church ($500 – $1000), but it’s not enough to live on. I’ve had several probable jobs with my startup “Skipper Innovations” fall through, as well as a big loss trying to sell a laptop online (my own fault). Without the contributions of our Hand of Hur supporters, we could not be ministering as we are now. THANK YOU! In any case, I know that God has everything under control, but it has been a tough time. Just pray that God would do His will in our life and that Satan would take his dirty hands off of us, our finances and our family!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year From ALL of us! May this holiday season be a wonderful time for you and your family, and may the Lord bless your lives richly! Thank you for your continued LOVE, SUPPORT and PRAYERS! We love and appreciate all of you!
Jason, Norah, Erynn, Jordan & Derrick