“Jason, be careful, slow down!” Norah yelled as she was filming an overturned tractor trailer that was one of the 12 vehicles we saw off the road in the snow while traveling south from Minneapolis to Fayetteville, Arkansas. We were trying to imagine what it would be like to live in a place that still gets such snowstorms on April 19th! What a great experience we had on this 21 day, 5,300 mile trip around half of the USA! We got a real feel (literal) for the different climates, cultures and types of places that we could plant as we visited Maryland, Minnesota, Arkansas, North & South Carolina, Florida & Virginia.
Overall, we feel so much better about this next chapter in our lives. We have no doubts about God’s guidance in planting this church (and network of churches in the longrun) in and throughout the USA. He has showed us clearly what we need to do, and how we need to do it. The conference in Orlando was an amazing experience and tool in preparing us mentally and spiritually for this upcoming adventure. We also were able to talk there extensively with Craig from ELI (Emerging Leadership Initiative), who will be coaching us. He helped us get a clear feel for the timeline and understanding of all that we need to do. Our only doubts right now continues to be where. We’ve seen a lot, and we hoped that God would just kind of hit us over the head and tell us WHERE, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. So… we’ll see. Keep us in your prayers as we sort though it all. We’ll figure it out soon enough. 🙂
We have so much to do here. Prepare our things, sell most of what we have, find a new place for the church to meet and prepare everything for the pastors that will be arriving from Argentina. It seems impossible, but it’s not… God is on our side! Our Goal is to move back to the USA on the week of June 6th.
(IMPORTANT) Prayer Requests!!! (IMPORTANT)
- Please keep Norah & the kids in your prayers as we navigate through all of this change.
- Pray for wisdom for the decisions we have to make yet.
- Pray that God would help us find the place that he has prepared for the church in the next two to three weeks.
- Pray that God would prepare the couple that will be coming from Argentina, and that they can arrive before we leave from here!
- Pray that we can get everything done, sold off, and prepared so that we can travel the week of June 6th!